Table of Contents
- 👨👩👧👦 Non-Government Organizations on Mayne
- 🇨🇦 Public Service/Government Organizations
- 🖥️ Facebook Pages/Groups
- 🔗 Community Information
- 📶 Internet Service Providers
👨👩👧👦 Non-Government Organizations on Mayne
- Mayne Island Bus
Mayne Island Bus can be contacted by email at email@example.com or via their Facebook Page (linked above)
- Mayne Island Health Centre Association
- Mayne Island Integrated Water Systems
- Information on conservation, preservation, protection, and education on all things water, in the realization that a viable adequate long term supply of safe potable drinking water is vital to island life.
- Mayne Island Chamber of Commerce
Listings of businesses on Mayne Island
- Mayne Island Community Centre
- Mayne Island Housing Society
We are a non-profit charity providing affordable housing for low and modest income residents of Mayne Island
- Mayne Island Residents & Ratepayers Association
Information and Resources for Community Dialog
- Mayne Island Parks & Recreation Commission
Includes services and meeting minutes
- Mayne Island Japanese Memorial Garden Facebook Page
- Mayne Island Conservancy
Local group dedicated to fostering harmony between nature and community on Mayne through workshops, conservation talks & ecological “walkabouts.” Current projects include the restoration of park land on Henderson Hill and the mapping and protection of intertidal resources such as forage fish, eelgrass beds & kelp “forests.”
- St. Mary Magdalene Church
🇨🇦 Public Service/Government Organizations
- Capital Regional District
The Capital Regional District (CRD) is the regional government for the 13 municipalities and three electoral areas (including Mayne Island) that are located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island.
- Mayne Island Improvement District
Information about the Improvement District.
- Mayne Island Local Trustees
Providing local residents and property owners with any information you need affecting land use issues on your property, or Mayne Island in general.
🖥️ Facebook Pages/Groups
- Mayne Island Info (Facebook Group)
Mayne Islanders wishing to exchange information regarding the island
- Mayne Island — EVERYTHING about Mayne Island (Facebook Group)
Mayne Island Community Group
- Mayne Island Buy Sell and Freebies (Facebook Group)
Mayne Islanders wanting to buy, sell or give away something
- Mayne Island Library
- Southern Gulf islands Buy and Sell (Facebook Group)
Mayne, Galiano, Pender & Saturna wanting to buy or sell
🔗 Community Information
- Car Stops & Map
Information about car stops on Mayne and a map showing their locations
- Mayne Island Public Wifi
A list of spots on the island where you can connect to free Wifi.
- Mayne Island Map
Large island map showing where things are
- The Mayneliner
Mayne Island’s Monthly Magazine – Info, Rates & Subscriptions
- Western Purple Martins on Mayne Island
- Weather Reports
From Environment Canada
- Mayne Island Fire & Rescue
Volunteer fire department on Mayne Island
- Mayne Island School
Kindergarten through grade 8. Students then catch a water taxi to attend school on either Pender or Saltspring Island.
📶 Internet Service Providers
These links are for private ISPs and are provided for informational purposes only. Not all ISPs are available in all areas of the island, so please check coverage before before signing up for service. There is a Facebook group for residents discussing connectivity options.
A low-earth-orbit satellite-based ISP. Should be available on any part of Mayne Island, but requires a clear view of a large area of the sky (there are lots of tall trees and a few hills/mountains on Mayne). The Starlink mobile app will allow you to check your location for obstructions ahead of signing up. Speeds vary, but can be as high as 300 Mbps down.
The fastest “wired link” option on Mayne. Shaw is not available on all parts of Mayne Island. Additionally, Shaw hasn’t significantly upgraded their network on Mayne in several years, so new signups are limited to 10 Mbps download speeds (some legacy customers have 30 Mbps service).
- Lightspeed Internet
A Shaw reseller. The service is the same as Shaw, however the pricing is more competitive.
- Beacon Wireless
A wireless/radio-tower based ISP based off of Saltspring Island. Speeds of up to 35 Mbps down, but the service relies on line of sight to the radio towers so is not available on all parts of Mayne Island.
- South Island Internet
Similar to Beacon Wireless, provides wireless/radio-tower based ISP service. Speeds of up to 50 Mbps download. Towers are separate from Beacon Wireless, so they may provide coverage in areas where Beacon is unavailable.
- Various cell-based operators
There are a number of cell phone operators in Canada who offer wireless Internet services (Bell, Rogers, Telus, as well as a number of smaller carriers). Cell service on Mayne can be spotty in places, but occasionally a cellular-based option is the only option.